Saturday, March 9

March 3rd - Day 2

headed to Woody Gap

We woke up in the tent way too late, around 9:00. I wasn't as sore as I thought I was going to be but the wind was blowing and it was very cold. We took a long time getting our stuff together and after everything was ready we noticed we were just about the last people leaving the shelter. We hit the trail sometime around 10:30, with the late start Sofia and I were not positive how far we were going that day. We did know that we were going to resupply with Pop at Woody Gap which was a short 5 miles from the shelter. Morning flew by and before I knew it we were on Woody Gap and pop was there waiting for us with a trunk full of food. Woody Gap was extremely windy and it was cold. We met a man with the trail name fresh ground, who had some trail magic waiting for us, hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup he was a great guy. We took a pretty long break talking to Fresh Ground and telling pop about the first day. We were there for a total of an hour and a half and decided to camp out at Lance Creek which was only 3.3 miles from Woody Gap. We said our goodbyes to pop and thank you to fresh ground and were on our way to lance creek. It was a steep climb but after .8 miles there was a fantastic view that I took a picture of and put on Instagram. We got to Lance Creek in the early afternoon, we set up camp and I completely failed at trying to start a fire. I had a dinner that consisted of mashed potatoes with pepperoni and had some tuna on a tortilla. I was quite full and was in bed early as soon as the sun went down. I started reading the Deep Survival book, thought it was appropriate. I was asleep by 10:00.

experimenting with the Timer App on Sofia's iPhone
taking a quick break to soak in the amazing view

No comments: