Saturday, March 9

March 6th - Day 5

I had to go to the bathroom very early the next day so I poked my head out of my sleeping bag, only to have my face hit with snowy ice. I decided it wasn't worth it and held it until I woke up. The entire inside of the shelter had been covered in a layer of snow/ice. The snow fell hard that night, but that didnt stop us from planning to hike 15 miles to Tray Mountain Shelter. It was by far the snowiest day I've ever hiked in my life and the winds were slapping me on the face real hard. The tubes in my Camelback froze the night before so I was low on water all day. The hike ended with two intense and long climbs back to back but I staggered my way up to the top of Tray Mountain where we were going to sleep. Although the last shelter stay was really cold the night before, Sofia and I decided it was a better idea then to put our tent up in the snow. I got the coldest I've ever been in my life that afternoon. We were on top of a mountain the wind was whipping around everywhere and most of my clothes were damp. I had to change everything and go without socks for the night. Can't wait for warmer weather.


A very snowy trail day!


atop Tray Mountain...  What a difficult climb!


Ross striking a pose for my sister, the photographer

No comments: