Sunday, March 10

March 8th - Day 7

Woke up in Matt's lake house smelling bacon. I was super excited to have a good breakfast before the long day that was ahead. We started at Dick's Creek Gap in Hiawassee, GA at 2,675 ft elevation and were planning to end the day at Muskrat Creek Shelter which was at 4,580 ft elevation. The day was going to be tough but after a good night of sleep and some real food in my belly I was ready to take it on. We got to the shelter and met up with a good group of hikers that are more our age. We met Tosh, Lucky, G, Gummi, and Rubic, all trail names. I kind of ditched the trail name No Rush and everyone just calls me Panch. I like Panch better. Ross, Michael, Matt, and I are in a bubble of hikers we see everyday now. We are all starting to get pretty close and it is making the whole experience that much better. I still miss the older hikers like Blue Moon and Dixie but I'm sure they're knocking out miles at their own pace having fun.


made it to NC

shelter life at Muskrat Creek Shelter, NC   


No comments: