Saturday, April 13

April 12th - Day 42

The rain continued lightly the next morning. It wasn't cold so I didn't wear my rain jacket and knew I would be able to dry my shirt when I got to the shelter. We hiked a very fast 10 miles. The terrain in Virginia is noticeably easier making our pace much faster. We got to the shelter at around noon and this is a very nice shelter that is located on the grounds of the visitor center for a national park near by. The shelter is about 300 yards from the street in to Marion, Virginia. After setting up our clothes to dry we tried our hand at hitch hiking and got picked up after a while. We got lunch in town and resupplied. We got a ride back to the shelter and saw that the shelter had about 25 people either in it or camping around it. It was packed but we knew everyone and it was a good time. A pizza place delivers to that shelter so I shared a large with Tarzan. It was a great time!




No comments: