Saturday, April 13

April 14th - Day 44

The other group of people we shared the campsite with were up super early packing up their stuff.  They made so much noise we woke up. I take a little long packing up when I tent so I was the last one out. I turned on a podcast and just zoned out at my own pace all day. We took a break at the first shelter. This break turned into a 2 hour nap time in the middle of the day. It was too dang hot to hike. We woke up and noticed heavy clouds moving in. We pushed 9.1 miles pretty quickly to the shelter we were staying at that night. It was the best shelter ever. It had 4 walls instead of just 3... it even had a door. We were lucky because those clouds we woke up too from our nap turned out to be hard rain. It rained all night long. We stayed warm and dry, thank goodness.

No comments: