Sunday, April 7

April 4th - Day 34


We decided it was best to take a chill 15 mile day and hike to cheap hostel because we heard it was going to rain and it would give us the opportunity to dry our gear. After hiking for about 10 minutes, it started to rain. It wasn't that bad because it was light rain. As the rain picked up I noticed the temperature was going down. After about 6 miles or so it was 29 degrees with steady rain and all the trees around me were freezing over. I didn't notice for a while but after touching my hair I noticed that it the water was freezing in my hair. I had frozen drops coming from the luscious bangs. It was quite uncomfortable! Ae all hiked as fast as we could to get to the warm hostel. We got there around 3:00 and it was the coolest hostel I've stayed at so far. It's run by an awesome older man named Bob People's who loves to hike and was full of stories he liked to share with the younger hikers. The hostel had all the amenities most hostels have for a 5 dollar donation. All I wanted was a shower and laundry. Luckily it had both. We stayed for the night and had a great time with the other hikers we hadn't seen in long time.

No comments: