Sunday, May 12

Mother's Day Weekend

I was originally trying to make it to Harpers Ferry, WV which is the AT's unofficial halfway point to meet Mom, Pop, and Sofia for Mother's Day weekend. After a couple of high mile days my feet were really starting to hurt and I couldn't hike as long as I thought I would. They picked me up about 40 miles from Harpers Ferry at a hostel. We stayed at a Homewood Suites in Falls Church, VA. I had a very nice and relaxing weekend. I got some new gear at REI and we drove through Washington DC to see the monuments. I was very happy to see the family, I missed them a lot. I'm hitting the trail today and passing the 1,000 mile mark tomorrow. Mom, Pop, and Sofia are going back to Roswell but my journey to Maine continues.







Pops got me a Kindle... Awesome!



No comments: