Friday, March 29

March 27th - Day 26



Slept great in my tent. It me took a little longer to get ready... I started hiking at around 9:45 am. It has been snowing steadily now for 2 days and the snow was thick. Michael, Ross, Matt, Tosh, and I pushed 17.5 miles today, but it was a super rough day. We were hiking to Sam's Gap where there is a parking lot off of I-26 road so Michael's aunt could pick us up and take us to her house in Asheville to spend the night. The day went by incredibly slow due to the amount of snow on the mountain. There was over 3 feet of snow on the mountain tops that made hiking mad hard. You couldn't see the trail whatsoever. You just had to use the footprints of those before you. I finally showed up to Sam's Gap at around 6:50 pm and we all got a ride in to town. The rough day was quickly relieved by a hot shower, hot tub, and a super comfortable queen size bed I could spread out on. Michaels aunt and uncle were really nice hosts. His uncle cooked us a great dinner and I got to watch the Miami Heat game. It was a fantastic night after one of my toughest days so far.



this is what we were walking through

Tosh knee deep in snow. We were all exhausted!
this view makes it all worth it
8 miles to go... bumped into this Trail Magic. Wow! Burger King and Mountain Dew

done with North Carolina

No comments: