Friday, March 29

March 26th - Day 25

I woke up in a very crammed shelter but stayed warm and slept comfortably. Nate guessed last night that we would have 10 inches of snow and I think he was right. It had snowed all night and in to the morning. We've seen snow like this so I wasn't very worried. The sun didn't look like it was going to come out today and the snow looked like it was going to fall for a while. We decided to hike a 15.4 miles. In good weather that would be a problem but the snow cover did make it a little harder. We are in a bubble of people all going at the same pace and staying at the same shelters so I knew the shelter was going to be full or close to it when I got there. I showed up a little before 6:00 pm and the shelter was indeed full. This meant I had to tent. It was going to be a very cold night so Tosh and I decided to sleep in my 2 person tent. Tosh's tent got all wet the night before and it would be warmer if he was in my tent. I didn't want to get snowed on so I pitched my tent half in the shelter so the door of my tent would be under the roof. We got more steady snow but I stayed very warm.

Check out the snow


No comments: